Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Cheer

As always, we've been fairly busy.  Actually, things slowed down a little for the time being.  Rassie had one appointment last week and labs.   He hasn't started his outpatient physical therapy yet so we've had time to stay home. 

We finished up the Christmas shopping.  I think we managed to do pretty good on a budget.  I finally finished wrapping gifts.  I take that back I have 3 left to wrap.  I made up all the dough for my wien cookies and tomorrow I plan on baking them.  We took the kids to see the Christmas lights at BLORA.  Scarlett and Lane both loved it!  I was surprised at how well Lane followed the lights.   Last Friday we took the kids to see Santa at the mall.  Scarlett actually sat in his lap. I was so proud of her.  When we saw him at WalMart she was scared to leave my hip.  It was like we were glued together.  We also got Lane to smile in one of the Santa pics but Scarlett had her eyes closed in that one so we had to choose another.  That's ok.  I got both my babies together in a picture with Santa.

I managed to get my house fairly clean this weekend. I need to clean the floors and pic up the minor stuff now.  I bleached both bathrooms today. I can honestly say THEY'RE CLEAN!   I think I lucked out on having to cook the ham and turkey for Christmas.  My brother and Rassie decided they were going to deep fry one turkey and smoke the other with the ham.  Woo Hoo! Less work for me.  I am doing the mashed potatoes, gravy, beans, mac & cheese, chocolate & lemon pie and maybe a green bean salad. I need to double check if mom is bringing that or not.  I can't wait for Christmas morning! I am so excited to see the kids open their gifts.  Especially Scarlett because she actually gets the concept of what a present is this year.  She got to open one the other day when the inlaws were here and she was excited!

Alright. I think thats a pretty good update for now.  I have recipes coming soon!

God Bless & Good Night

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in seeing how Kyndra reacts this year to presents. She didn't really get it last year and had to have help.

    ReplyDelete