This past week has been off and on busy. We visited my parents, gone grocery shopping, had a small family BBQ, and much more. I finally got the house looking good. The floors look awesome thanks to my steam vac skills. Now If I can just keep it all under control. The daily task of picking up toys and doing dishes is going to kill me alone!
The potty training didn't make it past day #2 last week. But after watching Scarlett's habits this past week I just don't know what to do. I know she is ready to potty train. She tells me when she needs to go, sits on the potty but won't go until you put a diaper back on. We went through 3 diapers in less than 20 mintues the other day. She woke up from nap, she was wet. She said she had to potty we set her on the toilet for a good 5 minutes and she wanted off, wasn't having it anymore. Put her nice clean diaper on her just so she could tell us she wanted to potty again. So off to the bathroom we go only to find that her fresh diaper was wet! Sits on the potty for another 5 or so minutes and she's tired of it again. So on goes a NEW diaper and not 2 minutes later she's poop. I don't think she understands exactly what the potty is for. I take her with me and she sees me go but its not registering that we actually pee and poop in the potty so we can wear big girl panties! We are going through this habit on a daily basis. In 2 weeks we're going to try the training pants again.
Rassie had his 1st day back to work today. He'll be gone for 2 weeks. I would say its going to drag out but these kids keep me so darn busy I am sure it will pass pretty quickly. I am going to miss him like crazy and Scarlett is already mad. She asked "where dada" and when I told her "at work" she went to the window and hit it yelling at him because his car wasn't in the driveway. Sad, I know.
Lane is doing good. He is awake a lot more now. I am pretty sure he has colic. I hope it passes soon. It's not a horrible case of it but enough to drive me a little batty at times. Last night we went for a walk and the neighborhood probably thought I was a mean mommy. He cried for most of the walk if he was laying in the stroller. They were probably wonder why this mommy wouldn't just pick him up! I did though. Rassie ended up pushing the stroller while I carried sweet little Lane!
I have my 6 weeks PP appointment this Friday. I'm looking forward to a full release so I can start working out a little more. I am hoping to lose about 15 pounds by Nov. 7th. Rassie's 30th birthday and my cousins wedding!
Well, Scarlett just dumped her pasta in the floor. I guess she's done with lunch and that means I better go clean it up since I didn't catch her in time.
Return to Zero
12 years ago



I don't know how you do it!! you go momma!! and i've got my fingers crossed for you and trying the potty training thing again!
ReplyDelete