Tuesday, April 14, 2009

1 week :(

So here in 1 week Rassie leaves for a whole month to go to School down in San Antonio. Scarlett and I had hoped to visit and stay with him in the hotel for a few days but no such luck. The rules for the class state that he can have no visitors in his room except for other students whom he might be studying with and even then they have to leave the door open. I guess they want absolutely NO distractions. I know I am going to miss him like crazy. Geez! It's hard enough spending 7 nights straight in an empty bed. What am I going to do for an entire month?!? I am hoping he gets to come home on weekends. He is supposed to be checking into that.

Oh, I guess I should say what kind of school he'll be going to huh? Well, since the oil field has froze up and no one and I mean NO ONE is hiring. He was offered a job with Swift. Its a truck driving company. They offer a 23 day class. You pay $150 up front and the rest is taken out of your paychecks. So your tuition is reimbursed. Unless you find another job and then you owe them the tuition.

This is the best luck we have had in our job search so far. And that's saying a lot because Rassie has been out of work since the end of January. All I can do is thank God everyday for what he has given us and accept the challenge ahead with open arms. I know that God is watching over my family and will not give us anything more than what we can handle. Times may get hard but at least we will have each other, our love, our home and food to put on the table.

I am sad that Rassie will have to be gone for so long but I know that its whats best for us right now. Pray that everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment