My 4 of July turned out great! Rassie got to come home for the night (and today!!!). Scarlett and I hung around the house until Rassie got home. Then we all got ready for the BBQ and fireworks at my uncles house.
Scarlett enjoyed playing with all the boys, the dog, basketball and everyone in general. She even helped the men cheat at washers by making sure to pick them up and put them through the hole. It was pretty hot outside but I managed to keep her hydrated and she cooled off by dumping grandma's water on herself and saying "mmmm". Cute, Cute! She didn't eat as well as I would have liked but she managed to get 3 tomato slices down and some grape salad. I guess it wasn't too bad.
The funniest part of the night! There was water on the sidewalk. Scarlett saw the dog get a drink so she leaned over and took a drink with her tongue as well. So gross but very entertaining. That's my baby girl for ya!
Finally, it was dark and we could shoot off fireworks. Everyone moved their chairs to the end of the driveway and yard. The whole block gathered around the culdesac and had their fireworks ready. Rassie had a huge box of artillery shells that he got extremely cheap from his aunt. He was the biggest kid out there. His fireworks made for an awesome display and the neighbors and everyone cheered!
Most of the fireworks were kid friendly but the kids weren't so friendly with them. Rassie was not happy about that. He got hit with a zinger and a bottle rocket because the kids were not careful. Those kids got in trouble by their parents though. There was one almost BIG mishap! One of the parents were letting their kids do artillery shells and they put the shell into the wrong tube. BIG MISTAKE! The tube fell over. The tube shot right us. It went between my moms legs and she was holding Scarlett and a piece of it got me. Thankfully, it was just the tube! The actual firework shot straight at a house. There was no damage and those neighbors happened to be gone. It could have been alot worse!
Scarlett stayed up as late as she could. She really enjoyed herself. Grandma helped her do sparklers and then she just laid in her lap looking up at the fireworks saying "ooooooh". By 11 she finally passed out and by midnight we made it home.
On the way home we saw a fire on the other side of our neighborhood. It was in the trees and brush and didn't look like any houses had caught fire. It was a pretty big fire and I am assuming it was caused by fireworks being shot off in town, which happens to be illegal. I haven't checked the news today but plan on doing so.
After being up so late last night, Scarlett only slept in until 8 but she played in her bed until 8:45 which was pretty nice. She's out for a nap now and I figure it will probably be a long one. Rassie managed to get today off also so when Scarlett wakes up we're going to the splash pad. We've already made it grocery shopping. That made for a nice trip considering miss fussy pants was ready for a nap early! So we grabbed some grapes and let her eat on them as we shopped. I know we should wash them first but they did the job!
I can't believe the weekend is almost over. It has really flown by. I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July! God Bless!!!
Return to Zero
12 years ago



Sounds like you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteWow! You almost did have a firework mishap! I'm glad none of them hit anybody.
ReplyDelete