Monday, July 6, 2009

Sleepness Nights

And they're not due to pregnancy!

Why is it, that when Rassie's home and I feel all safe and secure when I snuggle into my bed at night, I get less sleep?

I love when Rassie is home. I love having him in bed next to me at night. I love that feeling of security I get when I crawl into bed and close my eyes to sleep. I fall asleep so easily and that's a great feeling! So you would think I would get better sleep with him here. Nope! Not happening.

First, his snoring is awful. I am always waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of a freight train in my bed! I nudge him and his stops for a while, I'm able to go back to sleep. But he rolls to this side and that side and front to back. And depending on which position he's in, the snoring gets worse. I am always waking him telling him to roll over and stop snoring! Not like he can actually help it.

Then, the past 2 nights he has been quite the mover. I have to sleep with a pillow in between us as it is. I thought that would stop him from rolling over on me. He would hit the pillow and that's as far as he would go. Boy was I wrong! He just keeps on coming. I have to sleep with my back to him now. I have been kneed in the back a few times and then he extends his legs and kicks me. Not to mention last night he rolled over and I woke up with an elbow to the face. Guess I should not have chanced facing him. I shoved his arm so hard it woke him up. I didn't mean to but it was my first reaction being woken out of sleep like that. He wanted to know what my problem was? He didn't do anything and was already on the edge of the bed. While he was actually in the middle!

We have a king size bed, we should not be having these problems! He has never moved like this in his sleep before. He's always moved around some but putting a pillow between us used to do the trick. Not anymore.

Not to mention waking up in the middle of the night freezing. For the most part I stay pretty comfortable. Being pregnant I've managed to keep warm without the covers. But when the air kicks on and the fan blows the cold breeze down I get a chill. I just want to snuggle in the covers but all with all of Rassie's moving the blankets get lodged under him. I push and pull and fight to get even the slightest bit of sheet. I usually have to wake him up and make him move.

And get this. In the mornings when its all is done and over he doesn't remember a thing. Doesn't remember being woke up because he snored to loud or because he elbowed me in the face. Doesn't remember wrestling me for the covers or any of it. He is well rested and ready to go!

Why is that men can sleep so easily and actually get some rest! I just want one night with that since of security and comfort where I can sleep peaceful without any type of interruptions!

2 comments:

  1. Charlie does the same thing. I have been hit in the face so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony can sleep like a log. Not me! I'm such a light sleeper. I've been woken up by his heavy breathing before.

    ReplyDelete