This past weekend was really good. Rassie got to come home 2 days in a row on a day pass. The kids really enjoyed having Daddy home and I know he enjoyed seeing these familiar walls. Now we're just waiting for the day he gets to come home for good and do rehab as an outpatient.
This weekend was also Halloween. Scarlett was a princess and Lane was a baseball player. I took Scarlett trick or treating while my aunt watched Lane and handed out candy. Scarlett really enjoyed herself. She loved walking from house to house and collecting candy. I could not get her to say trick or treat when we walked up to houses but as soon as we walked off she would. She was very polite though and said thank you to everyone who gave her a treat. When we got in the truck to drive to the next street she couldn't wait to get out. "more, out, more, out". Those were her cute little words. I loved seeing her so excited. We took her trick or treating last year but this was her first true Halloween that she was old enough and able to grasp the concept of what was going on. I really wish Rassie could have been with us be we all understood why he couldn't be. We did spend most of the day with him though.
Lane turned 3 months on Halloween. Where has the time gone? I can't believe how fast the days are going by. Sometimes I want to slow down the hands of time. He is cooing and smiling and getting little bits of a giggle out here and there. He holds his head up really well now and thinks he should sit up like a big boy. If I weren't so broke I would get him a bumbo chair! He has rolled over, once and it was on accident. Not to mention I missed it because I was out of the room. Hasn't attempted to roll over since but I am sure the time will come and there is definitely no rush as of now. I want my baby to be a baby.
Scarlett is doing good. As I said above, she really enjoyed Halloween. She also likes the fish at the hospital so we are thinking that Santa is going to bring her a fish for Christmas. I think a beta will do just fine. She is getting so smart. And her memory, wow! I can really tell its improving. She's remembering people and places that she does not see very often. Her vocabulary, a bit hard to understand, is growing and she's trying to spit out sentences. My favorite is "Lub Me" Everytime we say "I love you" she tells us "Lub Me" back. hahaha! I love it!!!!!
I will make a special post just for new pics later when I find the time! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and had a fun, safe Halloween.
Return to Zero
12 years ago



Your kids are too cute, amber!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Rassie could come home for a little bit!! Kyndra was excited too to get to the houses then after a bit she wanted to eat the candy!
ReplyDelete