Being a Mommy makes life a little busy! Taking care of the two babies and then my third baby (husband) has become quite the chore! Cooking, cleaning, baths, and playing nurse! I should just go to school and become a nurse (if it weren't for being deathly afraid of needles I might just do it!) I feel like I am working around the clock. Lane is sleeping from about 8/9 pm to 5:30/6:30 am but I am still waking up every 4 hours! Not to feed but to give medication. I have my clipboard, my clock and a bowl full of prescriptions for Rassie. They can't all be taken at the same time but the main pain medication is due every 4 hours. The rest are due every 8 hours. I tried to get them on the same schedule but they have to be taken at least 15 minutes apart. Sound crazy? It is! When they both fall during the middle of the night I either have to stay up for 15 minutes or just as I fall asleep I have to wake back up. Oh the life! But I can't complain too much because I am extremely happy to have my entire family at home!
The kids are doing great. Scarlett is talking up a storm. Putting more and more sentences together. You really have to be careful with what you say these days too because she enjoys repeating. I do let an "oh sh*t" slip every now and then and I pay for it for about 5 minutes. I'm getting better. Lane is sleeping really well at night. He has become and extremely hungry baby too! I have given him a taste of bananas a few times to tide him over. I know its a little early but he is 3.5 months and we started solids at 4 months with Scarlett. Her pedi recommended it. There is so much information out there and yes I've read it all but I am going with my gut and my gut says that my baby is hungry! Lane loves the banana! I don't give him much and its only once a day but I have really seen the difference in his appetite. He's actually full and not crying for a 6oz+ bottle every 3 hours. He stays awake for long periods of time now and is so alert. He loves sitting up. I wish I had a bumbo but they're just too dang expensive for us right now. His bouncer is his favorite place to be and he really bats at and grabs his toys. I am really amazed. Scarlett didn't play with her toys on the bouncer this much, this early. I can put him in the bouncer and he will play for at least an hour. It makes it really nice to get things done around the house. Scarlett has become quite the little helper. When I vacuum she gets her popper toy and vacuums. When I sweep she gets the extra broom and sweeps. She helps take the dishes to the sink. She helps throw the laundry in the washer and pull it out of the dryer. It's so darn cute but I know its a phase that will soon pass and she will not want to help clean anymore :) It keeps her out of things she shouldn't be in while I do chores though and that makes things a little easier around here.
Rassie is doing well. He starts his CML treatment this coming week. Our insurance approved his Gleevec. I am extremely happy about that. His rehab/physical therapy is going well. He is still standing each day and some days he's able to take a couple of steps with the walker. I work with him on the days the nurse doesn't come. It's hard to see him in that much pain but I give him lots of encouragement and remind him just how proud I am.
That's about it for now! Pictures coming soon. Scarlett and I have started a new 'tradition' . Each weekend we're going to start cooking something. Last week we made Daddy's b-day cake and this week we made puppy chow. She really loves it and I think its a great way for us to have Mommy & Scarlett time... Ok I'm going to stop rambling.
God Bless & Good Night
Return to Zero
12 years ago



you ARE busy! They are lucky to have you! what exactly is puppy chow? I am curious... thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMmmmm puppy chow. :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's great you and Scarlett cook together. How fun for her! And yeah, there'll come a time she won't wanna be mommy's little helper with cleaning! She'll be hiding! haha