Friday, January 22, 2010

Potty Time is a Success!

I am so proud to say that Scarlett is doing excellent at potty training.  More so than I would have thought.  She is in panties ALL day long and she sleeps in a diaper at night.  Once we run out of nightly diapers we will try sleeping in panties with a plastic cover to see how she does. If it doesn't go well we will use pull ups for bedtime.   I am working on getting her off fluids at least 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime.   She has gone 4 days without having any accident at nap-time so I am hopeful for bedtime.  At first I was putting her in diapers for nap and then we tried the plastic cover over her panties for nap but decided we would try panties only.  She's done great and amazes me with each nap that passes with no accident.   She is very attached to "mommy's potty" though and doesn't like to go when we are not at home.  We have had 2 break throughs though.  She pooped in the potty here at home and she peed on the potty at the hospital yesterday and Grandma's today.   She is also starting to tell me when she needs to potty rather than me asking every 30 minutes.  I too am learning that when we leave the house and I put a plastic cover over her panties she's not afraid to pee in her panties because it prevents it from running down her legs. So no more plastic covers. Instead I put a towel on the seat of her carseat just in case.  So far no accidents in the car and so I pulled the towel out today!!!

Funny story (but not for Scar).   She told me yesterday she had to potty and I told her "Hurry! Run!" as I always do when we race for the bathroom.  She then proceeds to waddle with both her legs straight out and in a tearful little voice says " I can't run mommy ".  Bless her little heart she had already started to poop in her panties and was so upset because she couldn't run with me. I didn't know she had started yet. But at the same time it was the cutest thing ever. I did my best not to laugh because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Instead I told her it was ok and helped her to the potty so she could finish.

Scar is getting to be such a big girl. I can't believe that just a week ago we started potty training! And today she turned 2!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Scarlett. That is a funny/sad story. our girls are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Scarlett! That story is too funny!

    ReplyDelete