I think back to the days when I first became a mother. How happy and complete I felt. Holding Scarlett in my arms for the first time was my proudest moment. She was so tiny. I used to fall asleep with her on my chest. Today she's 2 years old and stands3/4 of inch away from 3 ft. tall. When she lays on my chest now I feel like I can't breathe! The past two years with her have flown by so fast.
I think back to last July, when Scarlett became a big sister. When I became a mother of two. When holding Lane in my arms was my 2nd greatest accomplishment. Like his big sister, Lane was tiny. And once again I would fall asleep holding him on my chest. Days were a little busier this time around because not only did I have an 18 month old but I now had a newborn! God had once again Blessed me. The past eight months with him have flown by so fast!
Motherhood is my greatest accomplishment by far. I would not give it up for anything in the world. Yes there are days of craziness. Days I just want to scream, pull my hair out and lock myself in a room all at once! Days where Scarlett is little miss drama queen and doesn't quit fussing when things don't go her way. Days where Lane is so clingly and doesn't want to be put down and nothing gets accomplished. Yet again, a lot gets accomplished. Memories. Memories that I wouldnt trade for anything you could offer. Memories that make me the woman, wife and mother I am today. Memories....
Thank you God, for Blessing me with such a wonderful and loving family. Thank you for my husband, who loves and supports me. Thank you for my children, who bring a smile to my face at any given moment. Thank you for giving me time to spend with them and memories to last a lifetime. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
~ Amen





So sweet! I agree, being a mom is amazing! I am also amazed at Scarlett's hair... LANE has more than Addy! I don't think she will EVER have shoulder length hair! HA! They are both beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove your post! Being a mom is the greatest thing!!
ReplyDelete