Time for some Mommy and Lane time while Scar baby sleeps off her surgery. She has been such a trooper. Today was the hardest for her. She just finished up some noodles and gatorade and is sleeping. As a matter of fact, she slept most of the day. So, Lane and I had a little fun of our own.
I decided to do finger painting with him.
I like to use acrylic paints. They wash off hands and hard surfaces well. Makes for an easy clean-up!
First you want to gather up all the fall colors you have: Brown, orange, red, yellow, and a little bit of green. Then, prepare to get a little messy. Choose a hand(and wrist) and slop on the brown paint (we used more of a tan/skin tone, I could not find my brown for the life of me). Press firmly onto the paper of your choice and VIOLA! you have a tree trunk and branches. Then, quickly wash away the paint from the hand. I say quickly because my sweet Lane hates to have his hands dirty with anything other than mud. With the tip of your little ones fingers, let them polka dot the paper to make colorful fall leaves. I usually leave an old, wet rag nearby for the kids to wipe their fingers on. And finally, add in the grass. By this point, Lane was finished with finger painting and insisted on using a brush so I let him. And now, I present to you.... The Beautiful Artwork of my Wonderful 3 Year Old!




No comments:
Post a Comment