Sunday, September 23, 2012

Potato Soup - Don't mind if I do!

What's on the menu for supper tonight? Here at our house, we're having potato soup.  Fits in nicely with the Fall Season and Scarlett's tonsils recently out.  Soft, cheesy and ultimately yummy!

I found this recipe at Mama Loves Food's Blog.  I tweeked a few things to fit my family/the kids and mmmm mmm delish!

Here's what you'll need - Feel free to half the recipe because it makes a TON and tastes just as good!
5 lbs of potatos - diced into half inch cubes - Peel optional
1 White oninon - diced up - We used onion powder this go round and it worked fine
10 tsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp season salt - i prefer saltless season, so you can use something like Mrs. Dash if  you want.
64 oz (8cups) chicken broth / stock
16 oz cream cheese - softened
Bacon / Shredded Cheese / Green Onions for Garnish.

1) Place potatos, onion, garlic, season and broth into crockpot
2) 6 hrs on high - 10 hrs on low  -- Mine was ready at 5 hrs on high
3) I then removed half of the soup and put in the blender, add in the softened cream cheese and puree!
4) Mix puree back into crockpot and stir well.
5) Garnish and Serve

 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment