Monday, March 30, 2009

Scarlett's Sick..Again

Earlier this month Scarlett came down with strep throat and some bad congestion. We finally got her over that and she was doing good. Then yesterday morning she wakes up and doesn't want to play, just lay there and snuggle. So I check her temp and sure enough she has a fever. She gets a dose of tylenol, feels better, plays, we even go outside. Another dose of Tylenol in the evening. Her fevers still going so I gave her a dose of Motrin at bedtime. At 3:30 am she wakes up with a fever of 104! HOLY COW! So I immediately give her Tylenol. Take her shirt off of her and wipe her down with a cool rag. I felt bad for her because when you have a fever you actually feel cold. So I let her cover up with a sheet and I kept a cool rag on her forehead. I got her fever down to 101.7. This morning we made a trip to the pedi's office. Thankfully the strep has not come back. But she has some congestions and its made its way into her chest this time. Bad news, its just a virus so there's no medicine that they can give her to help her get better. All we can do is keep alternating Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fever down. Dr. Black said her fever should break by Wednesday. If not, we're to call back and make another appointment. I really hope my baby girl gets over this quickly. I hate seeing her sick. So today we're not doing much. We're just going to lay around the house and snuggle and hopefully she'll be feeling better before we know, and get her appetite back!

No comments:

Post a Comment