Obviously today is Tuesday and not the weekend, but that's ok. I had a wonderful weekend. I enjoyed my Saturday here at home and that night Rassie came home from school! It was only for 1 day but it was well worth it. I have been missing him like crazy. We have managed to see each other at least once a week since he's been gone so it hasn't been too bad.
Sunday was his day to go back to San Antonio. Scarlett and I went with him! Hip-Hip-Hooray! We stopped in Austin for dinner and finally made it to the hotel. We settled everything in the room and made a quick trip to Wal-Mart so Scarlett would have some milk, juice and breakfast for the next day. It was already dark by the time we got back to the hotel so we didn't hit the pool. Instead we all 3 snuggled up on the bed and watched some tunes on the TV. We ended up having to turn it off because Scarlett would not fall asleep.
Monday morning came bright and early and Rassie was off to class. By about 8 am Scarlett was up and ready to go. I gave her breakfast, took a shower/bath, she played, watched Sesame Street and then we went for a walk outside. We had thought about hitting the pool but its was very cloudy, 70 and a light north wind so we decided it was a no go.
Around 11:45 we headed over to meet Rassie for lunch. We picked him up and headed to Bill Miller BBQ. It was really good. At least I thought. I had the chopped beef sandwich and french fries along with a sweet tea. Scarlett shared with me and her daddy. She had green beans and rice off of his plate.
After we dropped Rassie off at class we went and walked around walmart for about an hour. All I needed was chapstick but it at least got us out of the hotel room. When we made it back to the room Scarlett seemed tired so I put her down for a nap. She slept until 5 when daddy came through the door.
We decided to have a nice dinner out. Anna recommended a nice little mexican restaurant called LaFogata. I have to say it was really good. We had chicken fajita quesadillas and cheese enchilladas. I really loved the chicken. It had an awesome flavor. Oh, and I swear the beans had alcohol in them. I could taste a hint of whiskey. But that's ok because it was cooked and so the alcohol was cooked out.
Back at the hotel we all took a swim. It finally heated up and the wind had stopped. Scarlett LOVED the water. She is for sure my water baby and takes after her momma when it comes to being in the water. Then we had our baths and snuggled in bed again to CSI Miami. Scarlett fell asleep and I cleaned up the room and got our things ready to come home today.
We hung around until 11am which was check out time and then headed to a few shops. After window shopping for an hour we picked up Rassie for lunch. This time we just had Taco Bell/ KFC. They were super packed so it took Rassie's whole lunch break. I dropped him off, swang by Wal-Mart to pick him up a few groceries, dropped him in the ice chest of his car and Scarlett and I headed home.
Luckily we had a quick trip home. The traffic in Austin was nice and smooth. We made it home around 3:30. Scarlett and I both were happy to be home. She played all afternoon/evening. She was nice and happy. Had a few tantrums when she didn't get her way but nothing out of the ordinary. She was so exhausted I just put her in bed at 7:30 instead of 8. She's quiet and out like a light. I hope she has sweet dreams.
My trip may sound a little boring but it really was a wonderful weekend. The best part was getting to spend time with the 2 people that I love the most, Rassie & Scarlett.



No comments:
Post a Comment