So, I need a new pair of walking / tennis shoes. They are not a want, but a NEED! The ones I have, I have had for at least 3-4 years. They still look like they are in great but used condition. However, after having Scarlett I started walking alot. I would take her for daily walks every morning and then hop on the treadmill everynight. I ruined my shoes! Or I should say the treadmill did. For some reason walking on the treadmill reshaped the sole of my left shoe. Probably because I walk differently on a treamill then I would on regular ground. After a while it started killing my foot. I couldn't wear any shoes at all. I had to get some flat unsoft flip flops or go barefoot. Some nights I would get up out of bed to go to the bathroom and feel like I couldn't even step on my left foot. That's how bad it hurt. I finally got it feeling better! I went shoe shopping last summer and finally found a pair of K-Swiss that I fell in love with. But after walking in them one time I took them back to the store. Why? Because I have 2 scars on my left ankle from surgery and the shoes just rubbed it the wrong way, irritating it. So I never got new shoes and just continued walking outside in my flip flops and gave up on the treadmill.
Well, Lane is now 3 weeks old. I have started taking him and Scarlett for walks in the evenings and I've been wearing those old tennis shoes that were calling out to me in the closet. Big Mistake! My foot is starting to kill me again. I really need a new pair of shoes! I would just go to Wal-Mart buy me a cheap pair of walking shoes and be happy but I am extremely picky when it comes to tennis shoe shopping. Mostly because of my scars. I don't know how many times in the past I have bought shoes only to take them back 2 days later and buy another pair that ended up being returned too! The only shoes I have found that didn't bother my scars are Nike but they just dont feel comfortable to me any more. And with the budget we've been on they're a bit pricey! Any suggestions on what shoes worked for you? I've tried out New Balance, Fila, K-Swiss, Nike, and a few others including whatever Wal-Marts brand is and a pair from Target! I just don't know what to do! Momma needs a new pair of shoes.
Return to Zero
12 years ago



I can't be of much help b/c all my shoes are older. The ones I use to do any exercise in are 8 yrs old and they are Adidas. They're still in great condition b/c for most of those years I only wore them inside at the gym but they see outside use now.
ReplyDeleteI found some Nike's. They felt sooo good on my feet. BUT they rubbed blisters on my heels. Mom said I can find a heel shield? somewhere some I'm going to check into that before I give up and return the shoes.
ReplyDelete