Saturday, August 29, 2009

Going Non-Stop

I feel like this week has been non-stop. Scarlett waking up with fever on Monday. By Tuesday it was worse and we made a trip to the pedi's office. Wednesday wasn't much better but her nose had started clearing up and then her temperature dropped below normal! Thursday she still had her puny spells on and off and Friday she was almost back to her normal self. Her nose is just a little congested but we don't have waterfalls of snot pouring out anymore!

On top of that, Lane has been a little stinker! He really is a good baby but he's been waking up at 5:30 in the morning to eat and he wants to stay awake until about 8 and by that time Scarlett is up. Makes for a long day! I also think he has just a touch of colic. Every night at bedtime he goes through a fussy period. He is not inconsolable but is quite irratable. You have to hold him just right and rock him until he finally hits that deep sleep or else he starts his crying and screaming. I'm telling you, he's a stinker!

My house is a disaster zone. Everyday I work on the dishes and the laundry and thats as far as I get. Between one baby being sick and neither wanting to nap at the same time I've had my hands too full to do much else. We did manage to make it to the store to pick up a few necessities and dog food. And last night we got out of the house and went for a walk. The weather was actually really nice and I didn't break a sweat walking out the front door! Lane slept the entire walk and Scarlett was passed out before we made it back home. BUT, she decided that was only a cat nap or maybe I should say power nap, because then she didn't go to bed until 10 when bedtime is at 8.

Today I have a baby shower I was invited to. I sent my gift with a friend. I didn't want to take Scarlett since she has been sick and I didn't want to just leave her anywhere for the same reason. I also have the balloon release at 1. R.I.P. Harley Carson . Then I have to pick up Lane's birth announcements that I forgot yesterday. After that I think we will go spend some of the afternoon at grandma's. I think some fresh air in the country will do Scarlett some good and I could use a day out of the house. We may also go and hand deliver a few of the announcements. Depends on how the kiddos are feeling and if they're in a good mood or not.

I will post later with some pictures from our balloon release. Gotta go get the tags printed out and pick up the balloons still.

I hope all of you have a good weekend. Spend some time with your family and hug your kids a little tighter. Love, hugs and kisses. ~ Amber

1 comment:

  1. bless your heart! you have your hands full, but it sounds like you have it all under control! yhanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete