Monday, August 24, 2009

Sentimental Sundays

I had a really good Sunday. My sweet girl slept in until 7:45 and Lane followed suit. We got up, dressed, fed, photo shoot and off to Grandma's by 11. We spent a good part of the day there. Scarlett played with the boys while Lane slept. He did wake up for a feeding and a diaper change. We took the kids outside to see the horses and play on the tire swing. Two of Scarlett's favorite things to do at Grandma's but what's not to love about being there? Then we set her in a chair and sang the ABC's while Grandma attempted to trim her bangs. Scarlett did a good job. No screaming and crying this time. Just a little fussy but the ABC's kept her entertained. It was too hot outside so back in the house for cold drinks, a snack and to let Lane me his 3 month old cousin, whom he about the same size as!

We made it home around 3 and I fed Scarlett an early supper of spaghetti-O's and franks around 4. Then around 5 she munched on my rice and beef burritos. The weather was nice and cooled down a little because surrounding areas were actually getting hit and miss rain. So I sat outside with the kids. Scarlett played with chalk on the sidewalk and Lane slept while I rocked him. Yep, he's still quite the sleeper. After all the mess of spaghetti-O's hair and chalk all over I gave Scarlett a shower/bath. Afterwards I wrapped her in a towl, cut a popsicle in half, put each half in a hand and finished the trim on her bangs (b/c Grandma missed a couple of spots) and trimmed the back so it will grow out a little faster. We cuddled on the couch and by 8 o'clock Scar was in bed and out like a light! I can't say the same for Lane. He's fussier around bedtime because that is the time of day he wants to be held to sleep instead of laid in the bassinet. I need to get his times straightened out!

I all that was missing from my perfect Sunday was Rassie! But, I am so thankful for the new job and I know he will be home soon enough. Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend as well!

Lane's Baby Picture

Scarlett's Baby Picture

Lane 3 weeks old (his onsie is a little baggy) & his cousin 3 months old

Scarlett on the Tire Swing


Scarlett with the Horses

2 comments: