I am so exhausted. I haven't have a full nights sleep in I don't know how long! Lane goes through phases of sleeping through the night or waking up once for a bottle. And Scarlett goes through phases of sleeping through the night and waking up for random reasons. But lately Scarlett's been sick, Lane's been teething and I just can't get any rest! Tomorrow will be one week since Scarlett started on meds for her cough. It has gotten better but she still has it. I'm expecting a phone call from the pedi tomorrow so I'm going to ask what he thinks. I am just thankful that it is getting better and she's actually sleeping at night for the most part now because those first few nights were just awful. Speaking of the pedi calling, we're are actually waiting to hear back on if he can prescribe a different iron supplement for Scarlett. He prescribed ICAR which is a name brand and supposed to be really good but its also $30 a bottle and we need 5 bottles. BUT, if he really feels she needs this specific one then we will dish out the money because I would rather my Sweet Pea build her iron up where it needs to be than end up in the hospital with a blood transfusion. We have gone around and around with the pharmacy and insurance this weekend over this ICAR. Because of the high dosage you can only get it by prescription but the insurance will not cover it because they say it is over the counter. Come to find out CVS did not send the dosage through. So we got that all taken care of only to find out the insurance only covers the pill or chewable forms of ICAR and Scarlett has been prescribed the liquid form. Go figure. The pedi was out sick today so we couldn't ask our questions about trying a chewable or possibly a generic brand. We decided we would go ahead and start Scarlett on the first bottle of ICAR to get the iron in her system and get started only to find out that no pharmacy in town keeps it stocked on their shelves and it has to be ordered. We also called Walgreens and had them get with CVS to transfer her RX over because I was so tired of their rude customer service. Walgreens should have it by noon tomorrow for us.
Last night, Lane was restless most of the night. I ended up having to put him in bed with me. And then I can't sleep because Rassie moves way too much so I can't get to sleep good knowing that I have to keep an eye on Lane and Rassie and make sure they don't cross paths. Lane had a little bit of a dry cough last night and some today but he also sneezed all day and had red, watery eyes. I do not think he has the same thing as Scarlett. I really feel that he has allergies. But on top of that he's teething. 2 teeth are coming in for sure because the tips have broke through the gums. But I really think there are a total of 4 coming in. I can feel the hard rounded spots where the teeth are and when I touch there he seems to be sensitive to it. So tonight after I put him to bed and he started to get restless I gave him a 1/2 dose of tylenol to see how that works for a while.
With the kids being under the weather we missed having their pictures taken on Friday. My aunt works at a daycare and invited us up to have their pictures done but with no sleep Thrusday night and waking up to Scarlett coughing her little head off by 6 am we decided not to go. We also missed my nephews opening day baseball game Saturday. He made a homerun and their team won! I am so proud of him. We stayed in Sunday as well. Today we finally got outside, played, got some fresh air and I mowed the lawn and did a little other yard work. Rassie took the kids out to swing and play while I did the front yard and then we put them both down for a nap while I mowed the back yard. We went back out tonight to sit on the swing while Scarlett played on the slide but the mosquitos were just awful so we ended up back inside. Note to self: Buy citronella for the yard! I hate the smell, but whatever works right? The house is still a mess but improving slowly. I know one day this weekend all I did was lay around onthe couch and bed with Scarlett while she coughed and slept, was puny and slept, coughed some more, slept. It was just a continuous cycle. That day Rassie spent with Lane. We traded off every now and then but Scarlett wanted her mommy most of the day.
I am so ready for both of my babies to be back up to parr. Hoping Tuesday will be this weeks Monday and we'll get off to a fresh start and a great day. Enjoy the rest of your week! God Bless & Good Night
Return to Zero
12 years ago



You should get a citronella plant. My mom had one of those and it worked pretty good! It got to a decent size too until the dog killed it by peeing on it too much. lol
ReplyDeleteHope the kiddos start sleeping better!