Saturday, June 20, 2009

Getting things Ready

For Father's Day that is!
Scarlett and I have a few art projects to get done today!
First, we have Grandpa's shirt that we have to get her hand prints on. I found it at Wal-Mart a while back. It says "World's Greatest Grandpa" and it comes with fabric paint so that you can put your child's handprints on it. Once we get it painted I will post some pictures.
Second, we have to work on making Daddy's card. I have some construction paper and paint lying around so I thought we would make our own. We're going with the same words as Grandpa's and putting "World's Greatest Daddy, 2009". Then I'm going to put a heart in the middle with Scarlett's handprints. Afterwards I'm going to let her put a few finger print polka dots here and there to give it that special touch from her! I am sure Rassie will love it. I'll get some pictures up of it also!
We also, went to JCPenny yesterday and bought daddy some jeans at their doorbuster sale for $13. Daddy could always use a new pair of sexy boot cut jeans, plus he's been asking for a new pair for a while. I figured I would splurge since its father's day and with a sale like that for more than 1/2 off I juts couldn't pass up the deal!
Scarlett and I need to run to HEB today. I have to grab a box of pudding and cream cheese. We're going to make grandpa some "Dirt" dessert for lunch tomorrow. It's his favorite and those are the only 2 ingredients I dont have!
The only thing left, is for daddy to be home tomorrow! I am really hoping Rassie's partner/mentor decides to take the day off so that he can come home for Father's Day. If he does I'm going to make him my old fashioned buttermilk pound cake. I really need to dig out that recipe because I have no idea what I did with it!!! But Rassie's been asking for me to make it lately and I haven't had a chance. What better day to get to it then Father's Day!
Wishing everyone a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment