Yesterday I had my bi-weekly prenatal appointment. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow!! I was very happy that I did not have to wait too long. I was in and out within an hour, which is pretty quick for my doctor. Everything was looking good. I think I am finally over my never ending yeast infection. HOORAY! The baby's heartbeat was very strong and very loud. We listened for a while because it always gets Scarlett's attention and my Dr. is trying to make friends with her. She always tells Scarlett that she shouldn't be shy because she's known her since she was "this big" and does her fingers about an inch apart. It's so cute. Ha Ha!
Ok, I'm getting a little off topic. She did measurements and felt around alot. We both agree that we think the baby has turned into head down position. I think that's awesome news. I have been worried he will be breech. The Dr. says she thinks this baby will be bigger than Scarlett. I was a little confused because she keeps saying she thinks he will be big so I asked how big she thought he was and she said "normal for this stage" ha ha! So I guess she just means bigger than Scar. Scarlett was 7lbs 11oz and thats pretty average.
I go in on July 8th for my almost 36 weeks appointment. I see the nurse practioner that visit. She's going to check my cervix and do the group b strep test. I am really hoping to see some progress with my cervix. I know that you can walk around for weeks being dialated but then at least I can say my body is doing something to get ready! I was still a 2 when I went into labor with Scarlett, just goes to show that my body didn't want to do any before work with her. This time around I have had a couple of contractions so I think it may go a little faster than the last time.
On July 8th, I also get an u/s. I am hoping that it confirms the baby in a head down position. Please pray that this is so!!! I am also hoping that the baby isn't measuring too big. I wouldn't mind a baby around the same size as Scarlett but I don't want a monster! No really, no matter what I will be extremely happy to have been so Blessed with another baby in my life. I could not have asked for more.
So, today was Thursday and Rassie had to call back into the Saxon office (the oil field job). His application was still under review by HR and the receptionist said to call her back after lunch, so he did. His application is still under review! The receptionist said that this is not a bad thing. They only pull applications to review if the applicant meets all of their qualifications. So she said to give them a few more days and call back Tuesday. I am still praying every day that this job comes through.
I am having a hard time with the job Rassie is working right now. He is gone non stop. He may get to come home for 1 day once a week and he spends most of that time catching up on sleep. I miss him so much not to mention I am exhausted. I have not had a break to myself for a while. I take that back, I get a break each night once I put Scar to bed. But that time is usually spent cleaning, showering and then crawling into bed myself because I am so tired! At least if he were back in the oil field he would be home every other week and be able to help out a lot more. I really could use the help too. Our yard is looking like a jungle. About to be a dead jungle if I dont water it more or we don't get some rain!
Today was pretty good. It was 106 outside! I took Scarlett and my nephews out in the shade of the front yard. Turned on the sprinkler and filled up the kiddie pool. We spent an hour out there playing in the water. I put my rocking chair next to the pool with my feet in it and let the kids splash me while they played, just so I could keep cool too! They all had a blast. The water was like ice but felt like heaven compared to the 106 weather!
I took the kiddos to grandma's and then home. Scarlett and I made him around 5:30. I fixed us some left overs and we played a while. Then I noticed the thermostat said it was 76 in the house. OMG! I had it set on 73 so that could not be right. I realized it had not turned off since we had been home. So I turned the air up to 77 so it would kick off. I moved our little outside thermometer inside and waited a while for it to adjust to the inside temperature. It's a mercury one so I trust it pretty good. It said it was 72 in here. The aire thermostat still said 76. GREAT!
So I waited a bit, and the air kicked on. Hmm. So, I made sure all the bedroom doors in the house were open, all the fans on high, all blinds and curtains closed and then I waited. Waited to see if the air would kick off. I had adjusted it to 76. So at 77 it would turn on and at 75 it would turn off. It did turn off! I am so happy for that. But the thermometer and the thermostat are still reading 2 different temps! I dont know if our thermostat is broken or what and Rassie isn't home to check it out or fix it!
Tomorrow I plan on living like a hill billy. Just in case something is wrong with the air I've hung dark blankets over all the windows to make sure and block out all the extra heat from the sun. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing is wrong other than it was just super hot today and the air conditioner just could not work that hard to keep the temp in the house down!



No comments:
Post a Comment