I'm going to start off with Father's Day and then go into keeping your fingers crossed!
I was so grateful that Rassie got to come home Saturday night and spend the entire day with us Sunday. What a great Father's Day present. To be home with your family! I did not get any pictures of the card Scar and I made for Daddy. We're going to try again on that one. When I put the paint on her hands to do her hand prints she freaked out! She started screaming and crying. I could not get it off fast enough. Now, Scarlett usually doesn't mind painting but for some reason with her entire hand covered she panicked. Bless her little heart. Needless to say, Grandpa's t-shirt w/ her hand prints didn't turn out all that great either but he loved it anyways!
Father's day started off good. I got up with Scarlett and then brought her back to our bed to watch cartoons while daddy snoozed. Scar eventually woke him up because he was snoring and she started hitting on him telling him "get up". She's too cute. Daddy and Scarlett spent the morning laying around in their pj's while I baked! I made Rassie my old fashioned buttermilk pound cake.. ooohhh soo yummy! He's been asking for several weeks if not months for one but I just haven't remembered to buy the buttermilk. So for Father's Day I finally got around to it. I also made some Dirt for my dad. It's his favorite dessert (other than cheesecake). Basically it's pudding with a few extra pounds of calories added in.. haha!
Scar went down for a nap and Rassie and I did our showers and got dressed. Then it was time to head to Grandma & Grandpa's. We had brisket cooked on the grill with some sides. It was very tastey! Grandpa got some hugs and kisses that he had to tickle out of Scarlett. She's always stubborn like that. After lunch mom, Rassie and I played UNO while Scarlett played "cards". Then we headed home.
Rassie, Scar and I spent the evening just lounging around the house together. It was nice to just relax with the family. Rassie had to leave back to work this morning. I really wish he could have stayed home but I know work calls and he has to go. Overall, I had a great weekend with my family.
NOW! Please keep your fingers crossed. In other words, Keep us in your Prayers. I am very thankful to God that he has Blessed Rassie with a job. It took so long and finally he has one. I am still stressed and worried over it because it does not pay near as well as the job he lost in January, therefore our bills are starting to get tight and his paycheck is not going to cover them. BUT, Rassie calls every week to millions (exaggeration) of oil field companies checking for work. Last week he had a little luck. The receptionist told him they were actually hiring a few people with 5 years experience and to go ahead and resend his resume and application (Rassie has 11 years!!!). I was so excited but at the same time didn't want to get my hopes up too much. Today Rassie called back in to check on his application. The receptionist told him its being reviewed!!! What good news and to call back Thursday morning because there are a few positions open that are being hired for. I am praying so hard that Rassie gets one of those positions. I will have a huge weight lifted off my chest and not so much stress if he gets hired back on. Every month when I pay the bills I just sit here and cry wondering how we're going to get through next month. God has continued to Bless us and make it work. And now when we're down to the very bottom He has given us the slightest hint of hope that we're going to make it. If if Rassie doesn't get this job God continues to amaze me and comfort me. I am so grateful that He stands by us and gives us hope.
So just keep praying!
Return to Zero
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment