Rassie did get to come home Saturday evening and was here until about 9:30 on Sunday. It was nice to have him home. Would have been nice to have some help with some things around the house but thats ok. I did manage to talk him into helping water the yard! And he put up a load of towels I had folded so that helped a little.
We didn't do much. We did make it to Target. I had some coupons and figured I better use them while they were good. I usually use Johnson's baby wash and lotion but I ended up with Huggies! They were on sale for $2 for the big bottle and with my coupon I got 2 bottles for $2! That's always a plus. And I bought a regulare box of huggies wipes for $1.20 instead of $2 somethings. I think I got half off. I am trying to stock up for when the baby comes and if I can get a few good deals along the way that's even better!
Rassie picked up my gift tote with samples and coupons from a Target down in Houston. The Target here is always out! So I have 3 sample diapers (1 pampers, 2 huggies), a sample huggies body wash, sample of Johnson's baby lotion, $20 shutterfly gift card (if you spend 20 you get 20). And a whole lot of coupons! I am really starting to enjoy this coupon and sample thing!
I still have my $10 off toys r us card but I haven't made it out of town to use it. We plan on using it on diapers! And I ordered my diaper bag off of Wal-Mart.com It's coming site to store. Says its already been shipped but will not be here until at least July 8th! That seems like a long time. Scarlett's diaper bag gave out on me a long time ago and I've been using her Tinkerbell back pack instead so I really wanted to get this baby a diaper bag. I didn't overspend though. I can't see spending an arm and a leg on a diaper bag, especially when I can't afford to! I really like the one I picked out. It comes with a changing pad and wipe dispenser.

I have semi started Scarlett's potty training today. I was going straight to panties but I got a late start. So I set her on the potty when I got her up. She didn't use it of course. I let her go diaper free for a little big but then put her diaper on her. She squatted down and grabbed herself to poop so we made a run for the bathroom. She was all excited, sat on the potty for all of 30 seconds and then wanted her diaper back on. Needless to say she pooped in the diaper. The good news is, she knew that she needed to go! After lunch / nap we're going to put in the potty training dvd and sit on the potty and watch it (well she's going to sit on the potty and watch it, lol).
My baby boy is giving me a hard time. I love feeling him move but it has been painful some. I don't think he has dropped but his low movements have become uncomfortable and painful. I'm not sure what he's hitting. My bladder? My Cervix? But it causes me to cringe in pain and it hurts my lower back too when he hits these low spots! He also hits nerves and makes it hard to walk sometimes because it goes down my leg.
I've had tons of braxton hicks but no more contractions really. I do get some lower back ache and I've heard that can be a sign of contractions but it doesn't come and go and any set time. Just here and there.
I can't wait to find out next week if I am softened or dialated and for sure the "size" and position of the baby. I told him once I hit 37 weeks I'm all for the baby coming! Sex, Sex Sex... lol I haven't really been in the mood but hey if it gets things going I wouldn't mind. I thought about stripping of membranes but then I feel like that would be interfering with the natural process. I dont know. I really want to know how big the baby is and go from there. If he is going to be big I wouldn't mind doing a few minor things that might help him along. Maybe I'm crazy. Guess we'll see what my opinion looks like after the next appointment!



Love the diaper bag!
ReplyDelete