Thursday, June 25, 2009

Project Potty

I have decided that I really need to focus on potty training. I have been saying for weeks, months even, that I was going to get started. Scarlett is showing more and more interest in her potty. It has a lid that opens and closes and she gets so mad when I go potty and don't open her lid so that she can sit on her potty too. I am a little worried about her actually going in the potty though. I have been letting her play in the water outside in just her swimsuit, no diaper or swim diaper. And she will grab herself and kind of whine because she needs to potty and she wants a diaper ON! She already knows when she poops and for the past few days she has been grabbing herself before she goes and I think if I could get her on the potty she would go in the potty and not her diaper.


I also have a pull ups potty training video that I got from my aunt. I have not watched it yet and I'm not sure we're going to go with pull ups so I really need to watch it and see what all it entails. If its pretty good and gets Scarlett's attention I'm going to make it a daily event where I put her potty in the living room, let her go naked and play the video.


I am thinking that I am going to let her go in just a t-shirt all day long and put her on the potty every 20 minutes or so until she gets the hang of it. Once she starts going in the potty there will be lots of cheering and maybe a piece of candy. She really loves those fruit chews so I am thinking I can do a candy jar and let her pick one each times she pee-pees or poo-poos in the potty. I think she will really like that.


I have already started singing a little song to her every time I potty. It's sounds funny and if anyone ever heard me that would probably laugh. but I sing "pee pee in the pot-ty, pee in the pot-ty" Scarlett seems to really like it though.


Since I am going to let her go naked I really want to get the house super cleaned up the rest of this week and weekend so that I can focus all my attention on Scarlett and potty training and not on cleaning. I am thinking I'll just run around the house with her and when she acts like she needs to go we'll rush to the potty. Guess we'll see how it works out. Wish me luck!


I am hoping to get started on Monday morning (June 29th). Anyone who wants to join me can. I'm calling this Project Potty and will update a few times a week on the topic!

1 comment:

  1. We take Eli to the bathroom every 30 mins. Sometimes we have a success, most of the time not. We also give him a sucker every time he uses the potty. Dont worry about the song. I sing the same thing to Eli. Ha ha. I'll join you on project potty!

    ReplyDelete