Friday, October 9, 2009

Another Fun Filled Day

We managed to get out of the house for a second day in a row.  It really helps to pass the time with Rassie not being here.  We always start our mornings with milk in bed and some cartoons. Then we play.  It rained all morning long so we played by the sliding doors and watched it.  We were even under a flash flood warning.  The weather guys were expecting 4 in between 7 am and noon.  I am not sure we got that much because it stopped raining.  But it sure is making my grass look 'purty' !  I managed to vacuum the floors today. They are already in need of a steam clean job again.  I wish I had something other than white carpet.  It is nice carpet though.  It was recently installed right before we bought the house.  It's just that white and kids don't go together :)  But that's ok. I would have to say I have done a darn good job and keeping it clean.  So much so that Scarlett started immitating me scrubbing the carpets when she was like 9 or 10 months old. Sad I know. LOL 

Both babies went to nap at the same time today.  It was so nice and peaceful. I folded a load of laundry I missed from yesterday and then relaxed on the couch for a bit.  When Scarlett got up she had vegetable beef soup for lunch. She loves that stuff.  I usually rinse off all the broth and just give her the solids.  I was really disappointed in this can. there were only TWO ...yes I repeat TWO pieces of beef and a gazillion potatos.  It usually has tons of carrots and green beans, peas and beef. But nope, not today.  She liked it anyways.  Then I gave her the last slice of key lime pie for dessert.  It was daddy's and since he's gone to work I didn't want it to go to waste.  Lane slept a long time today.  I ended up waking him to change his diaper and feed him before we left the house.

We went to visit my aunt and my cousin Casey who is the bride to be. She wanted to show me pictures she had take for her bridal portrait.  She had a ton. They were all really beautiful and it was hard to pick which one I liked best.  But she pretty much had it narrowed down to 6 shots to choose from.  She is going to make such a beautiful bride!  My aunt was watching my cousin Shawn's kids. They are 3 and 5 I think.  Scarlett had a blast playing with them.  And then all of a sudden they were gone and she didn't know what to do with herself.  My cousin and his wife had come home from work and picked them up.  I guess Scarlett didn't realize when they left because she was such a busy body.   She was ok though and played for a while longer.  Before I knew it was 6 pm and so we packed up and came home.

I cheated on supper tonight. I made us pizza pockets with a side of potato chips.  Not a healthy choice at all but I really didn't feel like cooking.  Then it was bath, pj's and bed.  And  believe it or not both babies were in bed at 8 pm.  I feel so accomplished with that.

Oh, one quick Scarlett story today.  We are always going over animals, mainly farm animals: cat, dog, horse, cow, chicken, duck and we throw in a monkey and a bear every now and again.  But tonight she was looking at Lane's jungle animals on his outfit and she pointed and spit out 'elephant' ! I am so proud of her. She has a book with an elephant in it but its not one that we read very often so I was very surprised.  And she melted my heart for the second night in a row with a "Luv ya".

I just love my babies so darn much!

No comments:

Post a Comment