Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Party Fun

For the 3rd day in a row now, I was able to get out of the house with the kids.  I am on a roll!  I was worried that Scarlett might be cranky because she took all of a 45 minute nap today. Actually, I do not think she fell asleep at all but I can't be positive. She was quiet for 45 minutes though.



The Birthday Party wasn't until 5 p.m. So for most of the day we hung out around the house.  We didn't do much other than play.  Scarlett put her baby in the high chair and we moved it to her kitchen.  She had a blast playing mommy.  She also colored a picture for Daddy but I forgot to snap a photo of it. Oh, and let's not forget that she insisted on calling Grandpa.  When she finally got him on the phone all she would do is giggle.  Towards the end of their conversation she asked him what he was doing, told him bye bye and said love you and love you too.   She really does love her Grandpa!

Getting Ready for the Party


At about 4:45 we headed to the birthday party.   It was a pizza party and my cousin was turning 3.  Scarlett had lots of fun playing with the balloons and noise makers.  She wasn't too interested in the other kids.  I thought that was strange but then againe she had balloons and that made everything else disappear. She had so much fun that she barely took 2 or 3 bites of ice cream and cake.  But that's ok with me.  She did eat a little bit of salad, cheesy bread, a couple bites of mac & cheese and a taste of pizza.  She was just too busy and interested in everything else going on.  She was pretty well behaved and I am so proud of her for that.
Playing at the Party



Lane stayed awake for the entire party and was past around from relative to relative.  He only fussed once or twice and that was only because they layed him in their arms like a baby.  2 months old and he thinks he is a big boy already.  He likes to be in an upright position on your shoulder or supported sitting against.  What a little stink butt he is.
Being his lazy, drooling Self




Scarlett did get upset once the party was over.  She wanted to go home with grandma.  She was happy once I gave a balloon in the car.  She played with it the entire way home.  Lane finally passed out.  Once we got home Scarlett through a fit to have her balloon untied from her sippy while I was getting Lane out of the car.  I untied the balloon and tried to put it on her wrist but she was not having that.  Needless to say the balloon made an escape through the trees and off into the grey sky above.  Scar was not happy.  But lessoned learned, well for me anyways.  Scarlett will never remember not to let go because she rarely gets a balloon.

Scarlett was overly tired. So after feeding Lane a bottle and getting her into pj's I put her in bed at 7:30.  By 7:40 Lane was in the bassinet sound asleep too!  Wow! Two nights in a row and both babies in bed at the same time.  How I have managed this I have no idea but I am so proud of myself!

Now I am just sitting around relaxing.  Editing a few photos and about to snuggle up in my bed with a good movie and call it an early night.
An edit of my Brother's Fiance and my Nephew


1 comment:

  1. That last pic edit is really neat! Great job!! There's so much going on at bday parties they dont' know what to do! lol

    ReplyDelete