We spent most of the weekend at the hospital visiting Rassie. What can I say. I miss my hubby and the kids miss their daddy. But Saturday, Scarlett and I made a trip from the 5th floor to the ER triage. She spilt hot coffee on herself. The nurse had brought it in while I was feeding Lane and sat it on the windowsill. She no sooner turned around to walk off reached up and grabbed it. I couldn't say or do anything fast enough to prevent the spill. Oh how I wish the nurse would have known better than to sit it there! But being a mom I reacted in super speed. Laying Lane on the bed between Rassie's legs. Stripping Scarlett's shirt off and getting her in the bathroom sink with cold water. Poor baby screamed and cried. Aside from the coffee burning her she was scared to death of all the comotion. At first her face, neck, chest and ear were completely red. But the more I put cold water and damp cloths on her the red went away. The burns didn't look that bad but the nurse insisted we go to ER and be seen. (I think this is because she realized it was partially her fault and didnt want to get in trouble if something serious happened). So they looked my sweet baby over in triage and we all came to the conclusion she would be just fine. The spots on her that were still red might blister is what the doctor had said but today they are almost all gone. Thank God. I know he was watching over her. I could not imagine what the hot coffee could have done to her precious little face and chest. Before long she was back to her normal self, playing and giggling.
My mom came up to check on us. We had lunch at Corona's. Oh how I love their enchilladas! I went for the chicken enchilladas this time. I was stuffed before I could even finish my plate. So was mom. Scarlett of course, gobbled up foor like she hasn't eaten before. She loves the mexican food. I can't say I blame her, it's my favorite! Lane snoozed through lunch. That was a treat. He usually wants to wake up and be fussy right when its time to sit down and eat.
For the past 2 days Lane's been on a schedule. It's nice. I started feeding him 6oz bottles because he was wanting to eat every 3 hours with 5oz bottles and I didn't want to over stuff him. The 6 oz is working great! He has been taking a bottle about 10 am. goes down for mini nap and then at 1 goes down for a long nap sleeping until almost 4. Then he takes a bottle between 8 and 9 and goes down for the night. It is so nice!He does still get up twice a night for a feeding but its not bad because he goes right back to sleep.
Scarlett has been sleeping really well but I am sure its because she is worn out with not being home. It's not like we do much visiting Rassie in the hospital. But it adds to her being tired. My house is filthy in my opinion. I have a bridal shower I am supposed to help host next Saturday, here at my house. So everytime I am home I am trying to get things cleaned up. I just don't have enough time between tending to the kiddos and getting back to the hospital to see Rassie. Starting tomorrow I will probably stay home until after nap before we visit daddy. I hate leaving him alone all that time but he understands that the kids and I need some home time too.
Ok, I'm going to end this because I seem to be rambling on and on. And Lane is asleep on my shoulder so I need to get him in bed. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Return to Zero
12 years ago



I'm so glad that Scarlett is ok!! Quick mommy action!!
ReplyDelete