The days seem to be flying by here lately. I hate it. I wish everything would just slow down. My babies are growing way too fast. In less than a week Lane will be 3 months old. I can hardly believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was in labor and delivery holding him in my arms for the first time. He is such a happy baby. He really loves when you lay him on your tummy. He just looks up into your face smiling and cooing. I would do anything for that sweet little face. And Scarlett, she'll be 2 in January. I was just looking at pictures of her from last year and she has grown and changed so much. I can't believe my baby girl is becoming more and more of an independent toddler everyday. She says the silliest things. From "I'm Fine" "I'm Ok" "You ready?....VROOM!" She has even started the all time "WHY? WHY? WHY?" She really cracks me up sometimes.
Scarlett and Lane are going to be best friends. I can see it already. Scarlett is so in love with her baby brother. When he cries she will say "cryin!!!! I check him." Then she will run to him, put her hand on his cheek and say "don't cry". And the amazing thing, Lane stops crying. He just looks at her with his big, beautiful eyes and smiles. If that's not love, I don't know what is.
This past weekend I had my cousins bridal shower here at the house. It wasn't the biggest turn out but it was still a good shower. The wedding is in 2 weeks on Rassie's birthday. I am really hoping he gets to be out of the hospital that day if he isn't already discharged. *fingers crossed* I want him to be able to spend time away from the hospital for his birthday and to be able to go to the wedding.
I haven't made it to the pumpkin patch with the kids yet. I just have not had time. For the past 2 weeks I have spent everyday at the hospital. I go less now then I did at first. Mainly because he has rehab all morning and afternoon. So we only go in the evenings. I have been able to do a little more at home and the kids are able to play and relax. I was hoping Rassie would be able to go to the pumpkin patch with us but I will just have to take extra pictures while we're there to share with him.
As for trick-or-treating. The kids and I will probably go to my mom's and hit the neighborhood there. Small towns always have plenty of Halloween to go around. I might also take the kids trick-or-treating at the hospital. They usually have a day where you can go around to all the receptionists' desks. I am hoping that if we do this Rassie will be able to wheel around with us so he doesn't miss out on Lane's 1st Halloween completely. Scarlett's going to be a Princess and Lane is going to be a baseball player.
Ok, enough of my ramblings. I am sure I have jumped around enough for the night! Have a great week.
Return to Zero
12 years ago



It is so sweet she loves her brother so much!!
ReplyDelete