Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Keeper of the Yard

I have to admit I let our yard get a little out of hand.  Rassie isn't really the type to do yard work but I am.  So I am usually the one doing the mowing, etc.   The front yard didn't look all that bad. I got it mowed last week while it was sprinkling.  It was a race to get it done before it actually rained.  It never rained.  I got the bushes in the front yard hedged and Rassie actually helped weed eat.  In my opinion the front yard is looking pretty darn good.

I should have mowed the backyard at the same time.  It is or I should say was a jungle!  Its only 85 today but with the humidity I am sweating my butt off! Not to mentin the dog poo I have found a few times. The mosquiotos and nats that won't leave me alone and the over grown plants along the fence line that I have to fight back to mow the edges.   But the end result is paying off.  I do think I'm getting rid of some of the plants along the fence.  We bought the house from an old lady who paid someone to do her yard.  With the two babies it is just too much for me to get out there all the time and do ALL of the yard work.  I think I'm going to keep the bushes, some of the pretty flower trees (?) and a few of the other plants but I just can't keep them all. It's too hard.  Not to mention a lot of them are half dead because they are so old so what is it really going to hurt to get rid of them!

My next project, taking a chain saw to the trees!  There are some overgrown limbs that are getting too heavy and hang way too low to the ground.  I felt like I was doing the limbo trying to mow parts of the yard.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya!! It's difficult to keep up on the yard. I didn't plant any flowers this year. I just had my perennials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We dont even have a lawn mower so out yard is a jungle right now.

    ReplyDelete