My babies make me laugh and laugh and laugh! First thing this morning, I give Scarlett cereal for breakfast. This isn't an everyday thing. She loves her cereal and does ask for it often. She didn't ask for it today but I was in a hurry and it was a quick fix. So into the highchair went Scarlett with a bowl of cereal. She whines and fusses about it. I tell her 'you need to eat so we can go see daddy'. She then tells me ' I don't like it ' WHAT?! So I tell her that's all she's getting. She goes on with 'want chicken'. Oh my goodness. Nope, no chicken for breakfast eat your cereal. I continue on with normal stuff, getting diaper bags and such ready. I guess she realized I wasn't giving her anything else to eat because the next thing I knew she was putting the cereal that she dumped back into the bowl and eating it! Crazy girl. I made up for it at lunch though and fixed her popcorn chicken. She ate all of it.
...and Lane. Oh boy! He's such a little toot. Just about everytime he gets fussy and I pick him up he just looks at me and smiles and coos. It's like he's say "I got ya mom! I knew you'd pick me up. I just knew you couldn't stand to hear me cry" Yep, he's got me wrapped around that finger good! And he makes me laugh every time. Scarlett was so laid back and easy going. She was content just about anywhere you put her but not Lane. Oh no! He thinks he needs to be held all of the time. He is definetly a momma's boy!
And did I mention that these babies who give me so many laughs are also the ones that give me the biggest messes? Yep, that's right. It started off with Scarlett dumping her chocolate milk all over herself (she needs new sippy cups, her's leak) and ended with Lane leaking poop out the side of his diaper and all over his blanket it and then scrunching up his legs and getting his socks all in it! I'm glad he was laying on a blanket though. That saved me from having to take apart the swing and clean it and from having to scrub the floor because I didn't make it to the changing table today.
I can no longer imagine a day without my two great kiddos in it. It's hard to remember what I ever did with my time before I had babies. Those days could not have been as near as interesting as my life is now. What kids will do to you! Oh how I love my babies!
Return to Zero
12 years ago



You life definitely changes with children but it changes for the better!!! They sure do keep you on your toes and entertained!
ReplyDelete