Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today is finally over

I am so happy today has come to an end. I can't wait to take my shower and crawl into bed.
I finally got a sigh of relief with a phone call saying Rassie was coming home! Well to the hospital here in town anyways.   There were initally going to send him home home but the nurse case manager for workers comp stepped in.  They were going to send him home knowing he could not get out of bed on his own and without any pain meds or muscle relaxers etc.  And without an appointment set up to see a doctor here in town for a follow up and treatment.   Go figure.  Things changed quickly and they did a hospital to hospital transfer.  It took a while because they had to wait for a free ambulance so they could do transport.   He finally made it to S&W around 9ish.  You have no idea how happy I was to hear his voice say " I made it, I'm here"    My honey is almost home!  I can't wait to see him tomorrow and I know his babies miss him too.
We can also get back on track and reschedule an oncologist appointment and get things taken care of with that whole situation.  These past few days have been very hectic and overwhelming. I know I have cried numerous times.  But I try not to do it in front of the kids so mainly at nap and bedtime.  I still have many worries but I have faith we will get through this.  We're still having a few problems concerning worker's comp but I am hoping to get some answers tomorrow so that we can get things worked out.  I did contact a lawyer and he sent us a contract to sign if we want to use him.  He only gets paid if we recover so that's good because we can't really afford to hire a lawyer right now.  As far as that goes, we will make our decision tomorrow once we talk to the workers comp claims adjuster.    Oh the nurse case manager is also sending me paperwork to sign to release Rassie's medical records from the hospitals where he was seen for his accident.  But the doctor at JPS already told her everything, down to he has leukemia and is on medication for that.  I am pretty steamed because he violatd HIPA laws.  Rassie is under the influence of pain medication and cannot consent to anything without being free of those pain meds for at least 4 hours and I was not there to give consent.  Talk about a shocker, who would have thought, a doctor violating privacy laws. Sounds about right, huh?    I am glad they didn't need consent for some type of medical procedure. I guess they would have just done it illegally.  Oh well, it's done with for now and we will get it all worked out eventually.  I'll update when I know more. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!

3 comments:

  1. hang in there mama! hope this all gets resolved quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. File a complaint or do something about HIPAA being violated. That's a serious offense!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he is back near you. I know you were worried. If there is anything I can do, just let me know. Things will start looking up soon. Hang in there Amber!

    ReplyDelete