Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pre-Potty Weekend!

So far I have most of the house looking good. I still need to mop and was really wanting to steam vac. We'll see how far I get. Then I have the bathrooms, some laundry and odds and ends where junk seems to pile up at. So the cleaning portion getting ready for potty training has been good.
Scarlett has been going to the potty with me every time I go. She finally has wanted to sit on her potty without me putting her there. This is a good sign. The only bad news is, she's fully dressed when she sits on it. Oh well! Yesterday when she was finished she wanted some toilet paper to "wipe". I thought it was the cutest thing and laughed so hard when she lifted her shirt, wiped her belly button and threw the toilet paper in her potty. She's a little confused but has the idea at the same time.
Tomorrow I'm going to venture out into the heat to pick up a few groceries to make it through the week. While I'm at the grocery store I'm going to stock up on some gummies for potty time treats!!
I am really excited to see how things go. If they're not looking so good and she is resistant after the first day or two then we'll go back to all diapers all day! But I am really hoping that the last pack of diapers we have will be used on naps and bedtime. Guess we'll see.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Mine started out bad on Friday night but things are looking up now!

2 comments:

  1. I think I am gonna buy Eli some big boy undies to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pack of panties that I am going to use. I dont know if I'll use them the 1st day or let her run naked.

    ReplyDelete