Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The WhistleStop

Today was a pretty good day.  I started out feeling like a horrible Mommy this morning though.  When Scarlett woke up I put her in my bed to watch cartoons.  She was ready to get up but she didn't get into the right position and she fell off the bed. She hit her back on the side boards of the bed from.  There is a soft knotted bruise.  I felt so bad. I did call the pedi's office and ask them what to watch for in case I needed to bring her in.  They said to watch for the bruise and bump to get bigger or for blood in her urine. Either of these two things could mean that she bruised her kidney.  I watched her closely all day but she was fine.  Her happy little self.



I took the kids to the park this afternoon.  It was cloudy out but still warm, 70s, and a south wind.  I went ahead and put a light jacket on Lane.  I figured he's still pretty little and needed it.  Lane loved being outside. He did end up falling asleep on us though.  Scarlett had a blast.  She found one wavy slide that she had to do over and over again.  Everytime she would slide down she would hold up one finger and tell me "one more".  The funny thing, she holds up that one finger on each hand everytime she tells me something lately. No clue where she got it from but it is the cutest thing!  She was scared of the tunnel slides.  She would climb all the way to the top and look into the slide. I would tell "Ok Scarlett, slide down."  And she would tell me "NO" in a whiny voice with a little bit of attitude. Hilarious! She sounded like when you tell a teenager to go clean their room or something.   She also had fun driving the train and truck there. Oh and let's not forget the swing.  She wanted to sit in the chair swing so that Lane could sit with her.  I did put him in it for a minute but it's probably not the safest so it was only long enough to snap a picture and satisfy Scarlett.  There were a few other kids her age but she wasn't really interested in playing with them.  She would chase after them and laugh. But then she would just stop and go back to what she was doing.  Guess she was having much more fun on her own. Silly Girl!





We went and visited her Daddy tonight at the hospital.  She always enjoys seeing him and we're always there just in time for supper.  Everytime they bring in his food tray she jumps up on his bed and hollars "I EAT!"  We weren't there very long tonight.  Rassie was pretty tired.  They gave him an ambien last night to help him sleep and it didn't kick in until today! Strange I know.  That's ok though.  Scarlett was ready to come home anyways.  She had given him hugs and kisses and told him byebye before we ever planned on leaving.  And everytime we leave she has to run over to the fish in the rehab lobby.  Kiss and hug the fish tank and tell all of the fish bye bye.   I was taking in the double stroller but on days with nice weather I let her walk.  It does slow us down a little, especially with the fish, but why not let her enjoy being out and about.


So that's about it.  Tomorrow we may make a trip to the Mall's soft play area or grocery shopping if the weather permits.  Its supposed to be rainy and cool so we'll see.  Happy Hump Day Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Scarlett! I'm glad it didn't really hurt her besides the bump. I bet that was fun at the park. Kyndra loves stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete